Help, Guides, and News on making the Switch To Apple Macintosh Computers
Safari Market Share Rises to 4.03 Percent - Up 45 Percent Year Over Year
In November 2005, Safari's market share as measured by Market Share (Net Applications) was 2.78 percent. In November 2006, Safari's market share comes in at 4.03 percent. To view Safari's growth over the past year, click here. The rise from 2.78 to 4.03 represents a year-over-year growth of 45 percent (rounded to the nearest whole percent, actual rise is 44.96 percent) for the month of November.
Month to Month Comparison
Safari experienced a 2.5 percent increase from October 2006 rising from 3.93 percent 4.03 percent in October 2006. The 45 percent growth in November 2006 was lower than the 53 percent year-over-year growth for October 2006. It was also lower than the 48 percent increase for September 2006 and the 46 percent increase for August 2006. It's a clear sign that the growth rate slowed in November.
The continued Safari usage increase can be used as a metric to track the increase in the number of Mac users. Note that Safari Mac OS X's default Internet browser. It's a well know fact that numerous OS X users rely on other browsers such as Mozilla Firefox and Camino. As a result, the Safari data is likely to under represent the actual growth of Mac users.
Internet Explorer Continues Decline
Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser has fallen 6.32 percent year-over-year falling from 86.10 percent in November 2005 to 80.65 percent in November 2006. This outpaced the 6 percent and 5.5 percent falls year-over-year for October and September respectively.
Firefox Continues to Grow
Mozilla's Firefox browser is up 52.7 percent year-over-year rising from 8.84 percent to 13.5 percent over the same period. This outpaced the 51 percent growth for October.
- Apple's Mac OS Market Rises to 5.39 Percent - Up 31 Percent Year Over Year
- Safari Market Share Rises to 3.93 Percent - Up 53 Percent Year Over Year - Growth Accelerates
- Safari Market Share Rises 48 Percent Year Over Year
- Safari Market Share Continues Upward Trend Up 46 Percent
- Safari Market Share Rises 65 Percent Year-Over-Year
- Apple's Mac OS Market Share Rises 26 Percent Year Over Year
- Apple's Mac OS Market Share Rises 24 Percent Year Over Year