Help, Guides, and News on making the Switch To Apple Macintosh Computers
On January 5, 2009 Roxio announced the release of Toast 10 Titanium, the latest version of the popular burning and digital media software for the Mac. New to the software is a Pro version that is aimed towards prosumers, creative professionals, and hobbysits. Toast 10 Titanium enhances and extends Mac OS X and iLife applications via new capabilities for creating, sharing, and enjoying personal digital media content.
Toast 10 delivers groundbreaking digital media functionality to Mac users with a range of pioneering features that includes: Mac2TiVo for sending home movies and other video content from a Mac to a TiVo® DVR; an audiobook creator for converting audiobook CDs into files compatible with portable devices; AVCHD™ Archive for quickly backing up original content from high-definition camcorders onto DVD or Blu-ray Disc (BD), and a Web video file capture and conversion tool that allows Web-based video to be enjoyed on DVD or mobile devices.
New in Toast 10 Titanium:
- AVCHD™ Archive - Backup original video from AVCHD camcorders direct to DVD or BD media in one easy step. Use the discs in BD players or as source materials in future iMovie or Toast projects.
- Mac2TiVo - Send standard definition and HD video from your Mac to your TiVo DVR for viewing on your TV.
- Web Video To Go - Save Web video from your favorite video sharing sites to view offline, burn or convert it for viewing on portable players such as an iPod or iPhone.
- On-the-go Entertainment - Stream and watch television programs, such as EyeTV recordings and TiVoToGo transfers on your iPhone or iPod touch over Wi-Fi with the new iPhone native application Streamer®.
- Portable Audiobooks - Convert audiobook CDs into single audiobook files for playback on your iPod or other portable player- complete with individual chapters - no more individual audiobook chapter files scattered throughout your iTunes library or iPod.
- Music Builder - Expand your audio library by capturing streaming audio.. Toast now automatically splits captured songs into tracks, tags them with title and artist information, and then sends them to iTunes.
- Folder Sync - Synchronize folders bi-directionally between multiple computers, network volumes or external hard disks.
- Stunning DVDs - Create personalized DVDs with any of the over 20 new DVD and Blu-ray Disc menu styles--available in both full screen and high-definition widescreen versions.
Today Roxio also released Toast 10 Titanium Pro aimed at prosumers, creative professionals and designers, as well as photo and video hobbyists. In addition to offering everything available in Toast 10 Titanium, Toast 10 Pro includes the High-Definition/Blu-ray Disc plug-in as well as these award-winning, third-party applications for developing advanced photo, video, and audio projects:
- HD/BD Plug-In - Author HD video content on to standard DVDs and Blu-ray Discs. Take high-def (HD) video footage from AVCHD™ camcorders, TiVo® and EyeTV and create Blu-ray Discs or even standard DVDs with HD content that can be played on any standard Blu-ray set top box or PlayStation® 3 game console.
- SmartSound Sonicfire™ Pro - Orchestrate the perfect sound track to accompany videos and slideshows. Use Sonicfire Pro's unique automatic "Mood Mapping" feature or select from a library of included music tracks and adjust the mix and feel of the score to perfectly match your videos and slideshows.
- BIAS SoundSoap™ - Remove unwanted noise like wind, hisses, scratches, and pops from LPs, cassettes, or almost any audio, music or video soundtrack.
- LightZone™ - Produce striking photos in a simple and intuitive way. Sophisticated features such as zone mapping and relight give you the control to achieve professional quality results.
- FotoMagico™ - Turn pictures into spellbinding slideshows with a few simple clicks, and then present them in high definition. Innovative text, transition and alignment tools ensure astonishing results. Burn your slideshow to DVD or Blu-ray Disc for easy viewing and sharing.