Help, Guides, and News on making the Switch To Apple Macintosh Computers
A support document from Apple titled How to visually identify a MacBook (13-inch Late 2007) demonstrates how to identify the newly released MacBooks. Two key visual differences exist, a larger rear vent and new media control keys across the function key row.
The new MacBook models have a significantly wider spacing between the vent fins. This change should allow the new MacBooks to cool more efficiently.
MacBook Late 2007
Previous generation MacBook
The new MacBook models have new media control keys across the function key row. Refer to the Apple document for details.
Function Keys and associated feature
- F1, F2
- Decrease or increase the display brightness
- Exposé allows quick access to all open windows
- Dashboard allows access to widgets
- F5, F6
- Programmable keys
- Media controls for rewind, play, or fast forward
- Mute the sound coming from the speakers or headphone port
- F11, F12
- Decrease or increase volume from speakers or headphone port