Help, Guides, and News on making the Switch To Apple Macintosh Computers
Net Applications May 2007 - Apple Mac OS Market Share rises to 6.46 percent - Mac OS X Intel rises to 2.51 percent
Up 46.2 percent since May 2006
Up 83.5 percent since April 2005, the month Mac OS X Tiger 10.4 was launched (Mac OS market share was 3.52 percent at the time. You can view the data for 2005 here.)
The 46.2 percent year-over-year increase for May 2007 when compared to May 2006 marks the return to year-over-year growth versus the prior two months. Please refer to the green column in the chart below for details.
The following is a view of Apple's Mac OS market share month by month for calender year 2007. Keep in mind that Net Applications divides Mac operating system data into two groups, Mac OS and MacIntel. MacIntel represents Intel builds of the Mac OS X operating system. You can view the May 2007 data from Net Applications here.
The following images and tables track Mac OS market share for 2007 and 2006. Click on each image for an independent view:
Mac OS X Intel Posts 8.2 Percent Increase from April 2007
Net Applications' data shows that Mac OS X Intel experienced a 8.2 percent increase from the prior month as it's market share rose from 2.32 percent to 2.51 percent. The increase was slightly below the 8.4 percent increase observed during April 2007.
About Market Share
Click on the following link to learn more about Net Applications.
- Safari Market Share Rises to 4.82 Percent - Up 48 Percent Year Over Year
- April 2007 - Apple Mac OS Market Share at 6.21 percent - Returns to Growth
- March 2007 - Apple Mac OS Market Share at 6.08 Percent - Declines 4.7 percent since Feb 2007
- Feb 2007 - Apple Mac OS Market Share at 6.38 Percent - up 48 Percent from Feb 2006
- Jan 2007 - Apple Mac OS Market Share at 6.22 Percent - up 48 Percent from Jan 2006