Help, Guides, and News on making the Switch To Apple Macintosh Computers
Microsoft has included several new feature in Messenger for Mac 6.0, one is the ability chat with Yahoo! Messenger users. Other updates include (as stated on Microsoft's Messenger for Mac page):
- Chat with Yahoo! Messenger contacts
- Add a status message that your personal contacts can see
- Share what you are listening to in iTunes with your personal contacts
- Create, send, and receive custom emoticons with personal contacts
- Send and receive custom animated emoticons with personal contacts
- Search for conversation histories using Spotlight
- Check the spelling in your instant messages
Personal accounts use Microsoft's Windows Live Messenger service whereas corporate accounts use Microsoft's Office Live Communications Server service. The software can be downloaded for free from Microsoft's Mactopia site. You can also visit's Microsoft's Messenger for Mac page here. Note that Mac OS X version 10.3.9 or later is required for use.
To view all things Macintosh at Microsoft, visit the Macintosh Business Unit (MacBU) blog. Their latest post indicated that Microsoft is working on adding A/V to a future release of Messenger for Mac.
Thanks to Messenger for Mac, Windows users and potential switchers will be able to make the switch without having to worry about loosing contact with their current Windows/MSN Messenger contacts.