On Monday November 13, 2006 Apple computer posted firmware updates for each of the company's Intel based Macintosh computers. The updates address issues with Boot Camp beta, start up, and wake-from-sleep.
Apple also released a new version of it's Firmware Restoration CD that is used to restore the firmware of an Intel-based Macintosh computer.
The Updates are as follows:
- iMac EFI Firmware Update 1.1 (6.1MB)
- MacBook EFI Firmware Update 1.0 (1.6MB)
- MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.2 (2.7MB)
- Mac mini EFI Firmware Update 1.1 (1.6MB)
- Mac Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.1 (1.6MB)
- Only addresses Boot Camp and start up issues for the Mac Pro.
- Firmware Restoration CD 1.2 (20.5MB)
Boot Camp beta is Apple's dual-boot solution that allows Intel-based Macs the ability to boot and run the Microsoft Windows operating system.