Help, Guides, and News on making the Switch To Apple Macintosh Computers
News is just hitting the wires that Apple and Softbank will work together (or are currently working together) to develop an iPod based cell phone.
My view is that a single device that can work as both a cell phone and an iPod will drive iPod adoption because people will prefer to carry around a single device. Greater iPod adoption will drive more sales at the iTunes Music Store and it should add more momentum to the "Halo Effect". All in all, increased Mac adoption should result.
Check back for updates.
- CNBC is reporting the news
- Posted on homepage of Nikkei Net
- Nikkei Net gets its news from Nihon Keizai Shimbun, Japan’s leading financial news group
- Now reported by AppleInsider:
- "The two companies will reportedly first develop a 3G cell phone model that incorporate functions reminiscent of Apple's popular iPod, eliminating the need for consumers to carry two separate devices."