Help, Guides, and News on making the Switch To Apple Macintosh Computers
iLife is a collection of digital lifestyle applications (software) created by Apple for use on Macintosh computers. It is pre-installed on every new Macintosh or can be purchased directly from Apple. iLife '09, released in January 2009, is the most recent version and includes the following applications:
- iPhoto is an image and photo application that allows users to import photographs from direcly from digital cameras or other sources. iPhoto automatically organizes your photos into a library. Users can easily edit photographs with the built-in editing tools or share their photos as albums, slide shows, cards, books, and calenders. Photos can be published on the web, saved to a file, or sent via e-mail.
- iMovie is a movie editing application that allows users create movies from a number of different sources such as digital video cameras, DV-encoded files, and pictures. The edited movie can then be saved to DVD, CD, DV camera, the Internet, or to a file. iMovie automatically organizes your videos. You can even save them in formats that can be used on an iPod, iPhone, and Apple TV.
- iDVD is a DVD creation application that allows users can create a DVD from movies (such as those created in iMovie) and photographs from iPhoto. iDVD comes with a number of built-in themes and menus that simplifies the creation process. iDVD even allows you to add music from an iTunes library.
- GarageBand is a music creation application that allows users to create and edit multi-track songs. Choose from a collection of built-in or purchased music loops to create your song. You can even attach musical instruments to your Mac.
- iWeb is a website publication application that easily creates web pages using content from iMovie, iPhoto, and iTunes. iWeb comes with several built-in Apple themes that can be used out of the box or customized with your own personal touch.
History of iLife
iLife was first unveiled in January 2003 when iMovie, iTunes, iDVD, iPhoto, and GarageBand were packaged as a bundle. These are the historical releases of the iLife suite of applications:
- iLife (2003)
- iLife '04 (2004)
- iLife '05 (2005)
- iLife '06 (2006)
- iLife '08 (2007)
- iLife '09 (2009)
- May 1, 2009 - content revision, updated image to iLife '09